An Easy Bite to Eat..
This is a great dish to take to a party, to have with a nice lamb chop or piece of steak or just on its own …
It’s been such a family favourite that when my grown children return home, this dish is always on the menu along with the mandatory cakes and bickies!!
It’s simple and straight forward to prepare from some very basic ingredients of pasta, salami, onion, capsicum, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, chilli, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, tasty and Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and some herbs like parsley from the garden, if you have any available…
While I’m waiting for the pasta to cook I just cut up the rest of the ingredients ready to place in the baking dish with the pasta once it’s cooked.
Placing it together!
Over a layer of cooked pasta I place half of the chopped ingredients and the flavourings and then another layer of pasta and the rest of the ingredients finishing with some Parmesan cheese on top.
After 40 minutes in a moderate oven of about 180°- 190°C it’s ready to serve.
I have a lid with this old corningware dish but just some foil over the top would be fine too.
500gm pasta of any kind, I prefer twists or bows
1 onion, chopped roughly
1/2 red capsicum
150gm of pepperoni sliced
10 sun dried tomatoes
300gm Tasty Cheese
100gm Parmesan Cheese
Parsley – Handful of roughly chopped
Olive oil – a decent splash
White wine vinegar – a decent splash
Lemon – juiced
Chilli – minced, flaked or fresh
Salt and Pepper
1. Into boiling salted water, cook pasta until tender but not too soft and switch oven on to preheat to 180°C
2. Chop up the pepperoni, onion, capsicum, sundried tomatoes, tasty cheese and parsley
3. Drain pasta and put half in a greased baking dish
4. Spread half of the chopped ingredients, over the cooked pasta, ending with the tasty cheese
5. Pour a decent amount of olive oil, white wine vinegar and lemon juice over this layer
5. Dot some minced garlic across the dish, along with the chilli and salt and pepper
6. Repeat steps 3, 4 & 5, finishing with a generous amount of Parmesan Cheese on top
7. Bake in a moderately hot oven 180°C for 40minutes
Thank you for joining me in my little corner of the web and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below or leave a like or follow,